Bake a simple vegan mug cake in the microwave – you can have it ready in under 10 minutes to satisfy a craving. Serve with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:5 mins
- Cook:2 mins
- Serves 1
- 3 tbsp dairy-free milk, we used oat milk
- pinch lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 4 fresh or frozen raspberries
- coconut cream or dairy-free ice cream
- STEP 1
Put the milk in a microwave-safe mug, add the lemon zest and juice and leave to sit for 2-3 mins. It should start to look a bit grainy, as if it has split. Stir in the sunflower oil, flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda. Mix really well with a fork until smooth.
- STEP 2
Drop in the raspberries then microwave on high for 1 min 30 secs, or until puffed up and cooked through.
- STEP 3
Serve with a drizzle of coconut cream, or a scoop of dairy-free ice cream if you like.